<< Back to all Blogs
Login or Create your own free blog
Home > The Plan to Sell

The Plan to Sell

March 25th, 2015 at 04:19 pm

We are getting closer to selling our home. We had a talk with a realtor nearly a month ago. We decided to wait to commit to her, but as of this week we felt confident she was the right gal for us.

The plan is that we will have pictures taken right after Easter with the hope that the grass is greener. We will sign the listing agreement later that week and by early the following week (mid April) the home will be on the market! We would list right now, but we don't want to close until mid June at the earliest, and with our neighborhood being hot we don't want to put it out there too soon and then have it look stale just because of our closing date being farther out.

The realtor is going to start talking about our home and asked if we were willing to show it before we list. Ummm...yes! I'm ready to show it and happy we have a clear plan on where we are going from here.

Is anyone else, besides LAL, selling a home this year? Anyone buying?

10 Responses to “The Plan to Sell ”

  1. Another Reader Says:

    Show it before you list? I would be very careful. If the agent brings you an offer from one of those showings, she is motivated to get you to accept that offer because she gets both sides of the commission. I would want the property exposed to the open market to make sure I was getting the highest price and the cleanest offer.

  2. scfr Says:

    Good luck creditcardfree!

  3. creditcardfree Says:

    AR, understood and thanks for your concern. Smile

  4. My English Castle Says:

    No buying or selling for me--at least not in my current plans, but I look forward to hearing how yours goes.

  5. LivingAlmostLarge Says:

    Good luck! I can't wait.

  6. Mozaik Says:

    we know our condo is too big for the two of us but our economy went from hot in December to drastic, downward spiral when oil prices dropped abruptly in late December. We'll use the time to DIY replace toilets, improve lighting in in several areas, touch up paint, reface the fireplace and have trades replace carpetingj with Engineered flooring which works well in our dry climate. We planned to change flooring for several years but there were repeated barriers that caused us to procrastinate. With all the job losses in our area and drop off of new construction we feel getting trades to accept small projects like ours will be easier.

    I have sufficient liquidity in my non retirement portfolio, and LOC (secured and non secured) to make a 20% DP if I see a condo for sale on line that better suits our needs during the transition period - listed but not yet sold. I won't even try to make a deal until I've completed upgrades and actually listed. I feel conflicted as we have several visitors who plan to stay with us for a couple of days July and Sept. My current neighbour knows one of the families and had mentioned earlier that she would take overflow guests if needed.

  7. michdado Says:

    good luck, CCF. I hope you get your asking price (or more). When we sold 2 years ago, we received a solid offer of $5,000 more than our asking price.

  8. creditcardfree Says:

    Thanks, michdado! I think asking price is a very high possibility. And we did sell one home for over list 9 years ago. Always a nice place to be.

  9. bluesfemme Says:

    Settled Tuesday, moved in yesterday and exhausted today! Even with months of donating/freecycling we moved far too much stuff, but I know you keep on top of possessions so shouldn't have that problem. Best of luck with favourable timing!

  10. FrugalTexan75 Says:

    No buying for me for many, many more years.

Leave a Reply

(Note: If you were logged in, we could automatically fill in these fields for you.)
Will not be published.

* Please spell out the number 4.  [ Why? ]

vB Code: You can use these tags: [b] [i] [u] [url] [email]