Home > We have a Deal

We have a Deal

May 13th, 2012 at 06:03 pm

We have finished negotiations with the buyer of our home. We ended up netting out at $6K under our list price. We would have felt better at $4-5K under, but we didn't want to lose the deal over $1000 dollars. We close mid June!

Our realtor did check with the client that saw our house for the second time yesterday, but they had decided against making an offer. So there was not any price war bidding going on.

We are just happy to have a buyer. Now to get through the inspection without too much negotiating!!

I have to say I think those 47 days were some of the longest and busiest of my life. It is hard to keep a home spic and span that long without getting burn out!

Happy Mother's Day to all you beautiful mothers!!

11 Responses to “We have a Deal”

  1. Ima saver Says:

    Congratulations on the sale!!!!

  2. PNW Mom Says:


  3. Monkey Mama Says:

    I think that sounds very smart!! What's $1,000 to get this thing done? Woohoo!

  4. Bob B. Says:

    I need the number for your Realtor!

  5. creditcardfree Says:

    @MonkeyMama...I agree. Just get it done. I'm sure that $1-2K will come back to us in time. Smile
    @Bob...I wish she was licensed in Michigan! I would totally refer you. Smile

  6. Jenn Says:


  7. My English Castle Says:

    Excellent News! Let the next chapter begin!

  8. all4money Says:

    congratulations!!! I am so happy for you. May I ask what price range your house sold in? My realtor doesn't believe that you went under contract in just 47 days and he wanted to know if your house was in the same range as mine (realizing that our markets are totally different). It's only been 4 YEARS since we've been trying to sell our house Frown

  9. creditcardfree Says:

    We sold for $169K. We have a 3 bed, 3 bath 1500 sq ft finished split level with a 2 car garage, huge yard, across from park and in an awesome school district. Our basement is unfinished. We are in the midwest, too. It's a fairly healthy market here. We had over 20 showings, but this buyer is moving from out of state, so I think they made their decision FAST!

    If you aren't getting showings...I'd say it might be priced to high. Probably not what you want to hear!

  10. all4money Says:

    Thanks for the reply. We had one offer a few months ago but they withdrew it within 24 hours before we even had a chance to think about it. That's as close as we've come to selling the house. We've gotten a ton of showings, and lots of second showings, all with positive feedback but no one wants to bite the bullet for some reason. It's very frustrating.

  11. creditcardfree Says:

    @all4money: We had less than 24 hours to respond. We received the offer at 3:30pm and they wanted a response by 11am the next morning. We responded at 9pm that night.

    That sounds like all of our showings to...tons of showings,several seconds, and good feedback but no offers until Saturday. It only takes one offer though. I hope you get another one very soon!!

Leave a Reply

(Note: If you were logged in, we could automatically fill in these fields for you.)
Will not be published.

* Please spell out the number 4.  [ Why? ]

vB Code: You can use these tags: [b] [i] [u] [url] [email]