<< Back to all Blogs
Login or Create your own free blog
Home > Rental Home Insurance

Rental Home Insurance

April 26th, 2012 at 01:57 pm

If we need to rent our home, I found out that USAA offers Rental Home Insurance. This is different than if you are renting a home from somebody. This insurance is also referred to as fire insurance. It covers the dwelling, personal liability for legal and medical costs AND coverage for lost income.

I haven't yet inquired into the cost, but I would guess it would be less than our current homeowner's policy that covers our personal belongings as well.

One learns something new everyday it seems. What did you learn today?

4 Responses to “Rental Home Insurance”

  1. Beawealthywarrior Says:

    I have a fire policy on my rental in South Carolina w/USAA. The cost is $482 a year. You might also need to check with your state but if your home does become a rental, the property tax maybe higher becuase it's now looked at as investment property, at least that's my case in SC.

  2. creditcardfree Says:

    Ah yes, that would be the case here where we get a homestead discount on property taxes. Thanks for the reminder of that as well.

    Fingers still crossed it will sell. Smile

  3. LuckyRobin Says:

    I know that they have landlord's insurance. It covers malicious property damage when renters trash the place.

Leave a Reply

(Note: If you were logged in, we could automatically fill in these fields for you.)
Will not be published.

* Please spell out the number 4.  [ Why? ]

vB Code: You can use these tags: [b] [i] [u] [url] [email]