10 Ways To Fund Your Emergency FundAn emergency fund is an important financial building block. We should know because it is the first important financial decision we made in our marriage. It may be hard to know where to find the money when you are living paycheck to paycheck. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
1) Stop a service, such as cable, caller id, lawn servicce and save the money you would have spent.
2) Save all your coins, or a specific type of bill. Several on this site save $1 bills.
3) Sell your used cds, books and cell phones online for cash.
4) Have a garage sale!
5) Save birthday or holiday cash gifts you recieve.
6) Get a part time job or make cash providing services to others, such as lawn mowing or babysitting.
7) Sell something 'big'! Your motorcycle, boat, camper, car or collectibles.
8) Simply pick a dollar amount to save each pay period and have it automatically deposited into your savings account.
9) Save your tax refund!
10) Change your tax withholding and save the increase in your paycheck.
There are many more ways to find extra cash to fund an emergency fund. Take a look at your own situation and see how much you can come up with these ideas as well as your own and get started today!